Our top 5 tips to make the most of it....We are at that time of the year, what for many people is the end of the financial year.
This is a good time to take stock; to look back on the past years performance, but also to forecast for the coming financial year & to put new plans in place.
To help, we've put together our Top 5 Tips to making the most of the end of the financial year review & ensuring the next FY is your best yet.
1. If you can, take yourself away from your usual place of business & use it as an opportunity to mix business & pleasure, especially if you work with family or your partner. You'll find a new environment can give you a new perspective & renewed energy as well.
2. It should be a given, but have all your numbers ready & prepared so they are easy to read & analyse. You might need someone else to do this for you, so make sure they are prepared for you in advance of going away.
3. Drill into the numbers, what are they telling you? Don't just just take them at face value. Again do this with someone else who is part of your business but maybe isn't such a 'numbers' person, they may be able to provide a new perspective & clarity.
4. Use this FY figures to forecast for the coming FY & work on your plan to make that happen & list who will be responsible for making that happen. Remember that shouldn't always be you. Use this as a chance to delegate, automate & systemise any processes you are currently doing, but aren't high IGT tasks.
5. Think BIG! How can you take your business/businesses to the next level? Where have you been playing small & is there a reason for this? It could be you need more knowledge or to work with those further ahead in their business journey who can help bring you up to the next level. After all, if you've never been there, how do you know what you need to do differently to get there? Ultimately look at where can you (most simply) scale your business to create more profit & more free time? i.e. Who your most profitable customers, transactions, services? Can you do more online & use less of your physical time?
We hope you find this useful and wish you all the best for the new Financial Year.
Catherine & Steve
Empowering People to Live the Life of their Dreams
Turner Invest Directors Catherine & Stephen Turner